Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Safety Violation

So, I've been wanting to blog about this for awhile now....I was in my one-butt-kitchen not too long ago cooking something. (I can't remember if it was breakfast or dinner?) Ryan was sitting on the other side of the counter "helping" me. (Actually I think he was on the counter, in the sink, standing on the dishwaser and under my feet....) As I turned from the stove he said, "Mom, SAFETY VIOLATION!" Aside from being quite suprised at his warning, I nearly fell over from his choice of words...this is not a phrase that to my knowledge has been used much in our home. I was incredulous--not sure what kitchen sin I had committed. He pointed to the open cupboard door above my head and said it again, "Mom, SAFETY VIOLATION!!!" I laughed and closed the cupboard door thinking it was over. However for the next 15 minutes, every time I turned around it seems I was commiting some sort of culinary infraciton. "Mom, SAFETY VIOLATION!!!" (I had turned on the tap in the sink.) "Mom, SAFETY VIOLATION!!!" (Too much salt in the soup?) "Mom, SAFETY VIOLATION!!!" (I didn't wash my hands after blowing my nose?) "Mom, SAFETY VIOLATION!!!" (I put the yogurt next to the ketchup in the fridge?) I guess I should be glad (?) that I have someone to help me be safe in the kitchen....One additional funny thing that Ryan said lately was when he told me that some girl in his preschool class was "hot." While waiting to go into school one morning I asked him the name of the little girl crossing the parking lot. He replied, "That's Jeannie-she's kinda hot!" (Not the answer I was expecting at all...) In my suprise I asked, "What did you say?" This time he repeated it with a tone and tempo meant for someone who was really dumb or extremely hard of hearing..."THAT'S JEANNIE....SHE'S KINDA H-O-T!!" He cracks me up!

6 comments:

karibates said...

Hahaha - he must watch Disney Channel at Rochelle's house. Lou & Lou's Safety Patrol. I'll DVR it for you if you want to see!

What a kid! And tell him to quit looking at other girls - he's betrothed!

Fantastic Five said...

I think your post was a safety violation....

Ryan is hilarious!

goat said...

LOL!!!!
YES! that kid rocks! can't wait to see you!

Kelli Pereira said...

What a character he is...I wonder where he gets it...LOL..love the picture of the parents on the side of the blog...you guys are great! Any Christmas plans??

goat said...

hey!!!
the fact that you haven't posted in a bit is a safety violation.

have you ever noticed how ryan looks kind of like calvin? where is hobbes?

de Arrieta said...

Safety Violation!!!!

I am not joking! You didn't bring me a pizza. Yes, I am alone without the hubby and I am hungry. I get a bit dangerous when this happens.