Thursday, October 9, 2008

Here come the chiclets--a time for loose teeth




So, after many weeks of "I've got a loose tooth!" from Carly, the rascally wiggly thing finally gave up this morning before school. Jim was gone to Rotary, and I could tell it was ready to be wrested from it's precarious location but I am not good with teeth--makes me queasy--so I asked Carly who she would like to pull it. I was expecting her to say "Ian" because he was really begging to do it, but she said, "Courtney--I want my Primary teacher to get it out!" So, I called him up and he came down to do his duty as her primary teacher. (I'm sure there is something in the church handbook that includes a provision for this type of thing...) Lucky for him, Jim showed up at home 1 minute before he got here and soon after the offending tooth, bloody it was too, was sitting in my kitchen windowsill. Lucky me! After seeing the Welches blog for today, it seems that Car's "emergency" was just a warm-up for Courtney!


And so it seems that Carly has officially entered the "snaggletooth" phase of her growing up. (Sigh--before I know it, it will be homecoming dresses, a driving license and buying ice cream.)

Here is also a picture of Ryan who was nearly as excited about the lost tooth as his sister. He was immediately putting his fingers in his mouth to check for possible loose teeth. Much to his dismay, they were all quite resolute to the investigation.


But wait, there is one more to add to the lost teeth count. My neice, Natania (who is only 15 days younger than Carly) also lost her first tooth recently. Here is a picture of her and her younger sister Ellice (who is only 5 days older than Ryan...sure wish the 'cuzins could spend more time together!)
ANYONE ELSE HAVE A REPORTING ON TEETH TO MAKE? (Besides the fact that I have to get mine cleaned next week--yuck.) Please comment!


4 comments:

goat said...

wow! chiclets anyone?

great pics sis! how funny she wanted courtney to do it...

Fantastic Five said...

Makenna chipped one of her teeth....does that count? I am hoping that will be the first one to fall out!

Suz said...

I do believe that was one of the first recommendations in the Primary Handbook was to be able to pull teeth out (loose or not)! :) Very cute picture of Car. Not too excited for the chiclet teeth!

karibates said...

I love the snaggle -tooth look! Now she can be a jack-o-lantern for Halloween!