Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Scott


I realized that not much has been said about Scott. At 13 years old, he is our oldest... He currently has the deepest voice out of all the kids living at this address and as a result he no longer gets confused for his mother by those who call on the telephone... He is a very good student... (This year he begins his school day with a geometry class at the high school, then finishes up with 6 more classes at Adobe Middle School. He loves this because he finishes the school day one hour early...) He has great taste in books... He generally gives his all in whatever he endeavors to do... He has recently begun eating all the food that I fix, without complaint AND he even likes most of it!.. He is only 5 merit badges (and a project) away from completing the requirements for his Eagle Scout... Scott is learning how to deal with peer pressure by resisting efforts of a few lady friends to pair off with a certain girl he has had a crush on since, OH 3rd grade... He is readily integrating the current hip vernacular into his vocab (everything he thinks is cool is actually "sic!" I still haven't figured out how being sick is cool--I don't think being sick is cool at all)... We recently finished his bedroom in the basement and he showed potential in decorating, picking out all the paint and bedding colors (and they actually all match)... He loves his Aunt Lisa... He does not get scared while going through the Haunted House... He has a great sense of humor and readily laughs at himself, which brings me to the reason I wanted to blog about him tonight. As we finished up reading scriptures he whipped off his sock to reveal to me (it was good I was sitting down) that he has hair growing on his toes! A FANTASTIC DISCOVERY! I guess I should have known it was coming. After all, he has shaved his peach fuzz TWICE already. I called him "hobbit" and he assured me that he was not a hobbit because their hair grew under the toeNAILS. (I will have to check this fact in my copy of the Hobbit, but I think it is incorrect!) Anyway--he's an awesome kid and I am just tickled that he belongs to our family.

7 comments:

goat said...

i LOVE this post and i absolutely, unconditionally love that boy!!!!
i have hair on my toes and reading his discovery really made me laugh! he kills me
love the pic too! thanks for the post

goat said...

the pic of you and jim is cracking me up. you both have such nice butts!

Suz said...

I think you should warn us about the adult content this blog holds. MY EYES, MY EYES!! :)

goat said...

LOL!!!

Laurel said...

So are you saying the hair on his toes is more manly than the hair on his face? Does puberty start at the toes and work it's way up with boys?? I guess I never really knew that...

Maren said...

Hey Aunt Amy! I am so excited to be coming up soon! And I too think that the butt photo is hilarious!

Love you niece, Maren

Maren said...

YOUR niece sorry!