Thursday, October 23, 2008

Just passing along some good advice...


Tough Love vs. Spanking - Good Argument

Most of the American populace thinks it improper to spank children, so I have tried other methods to control my kids when they have one of 'those moments.' One that I found effective is for me to just take the child for a car ride and talk.

Some say it's the vibration from the car, others say it's the time away from any distractions such as TV, Video Games, Computer, IPod, etc.

Either way, my kids usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our car ride together. Eye to eye contact helps a lot too.

I thought it'd be really funny to paste a picture of Ryan onto this kids face but I didn't have the time to do it...Sure do love my kids but don't we all have moments like this?

10 comments:

karibates said...

LOVE IT! Knowing my kids, though, they would think it was fun.

goat said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!

omg! you kill me!

note to self: on top of car, not under it... sorry aim

Fantastic Five said...

How did you get this picture of me and my nephew? This was back when I was preparing for kids myself, I thought my techniques were rather unique and effective. I thought I deleted it though.....interesting.

:)

Suz said...

The mileage thing in the back - is that so you know how fast you were going when you hit your kid? jw

de Arrieta said...

Oh pooper nickles!! I LOVE IT! What cracks me up are the cute responses. Love Raegan's. Hee Hee. Oh by teh way, I love the tushie grab with you and Jim. I am glad that the love is still there after all these years!

Laurel said...

I love it. By the way, it's just like you to take such a tender sweet momtent with my child and make it sound twisted... SICKO!! And this picture of you and poor "Ryan" proves my point!

goat said...

pooper nickles?

goat said...

we are now into november! are you still out there?

Steph said...

Man Amy...for a second there I thought you were going to solve all my discipline problems. Darn...but I appreciate the good laugh!

goat said...

hello?
is anybody out there?
does anyone else here crickets on this blog?