Friday, August 22, 2008

Am I crazy?

So today I signed up for a college class and received academic advisement on entering the nursing program at Great Basin College. I'm still having sticker shock over purchasing my one book for an online class. YIKES! $166!!!! For a book? I realize that knowledge is power, but holy moly. Anyway--I am really nervous but excited to be getting back to classes after all the time away. (My last college class was when Scott was only a brand new baby.) My goal is to finish all the necessary pre-requisites by the time Ryan is in school all day, so two years from now. I am hoping to be accepted into the nursing program for fall of 2010, and have my RN before Scott graudates high school, followed soon after by receiving my BSN--hopefully before Ian graduates high school. Wish me luck, and keep me in your prayers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you crazy? rhetorical question?
good luck! you have always been an amazing student.

Crouch6 said...

Going back to school with 4 kids! Are you nuts? You must be. :) No, I think you'll love going back to school. I don't know if you read on our blog but I am done with my pre-requisites and apply to the nursing program next week hopefully to start in January and finish Dec. 2010. What class are you taking?

rntami said...

whos crazy you or me? im back at school working on my masters and teaching a clinical class for the rn program too. love hearing about you all and we miss you

Fantastic Five said...

Crazy? No - it's genius (okay, I only say that because I am going back to school too)!! Do you want to be study buddies? We aren't exactly studying in the same fields, but it could make for some interesting conversation.....

Thanks again for watching the girls while we were gone this weekend, I was secretly checking your blog tonight to make sure you hadn't denounced our friendship... :)

Kelli Pereira said...

That is wonderful!!! As a teacher I am all about life long learning...and that is why I am still taking classes....maybe it is craziness!!!!!!!!!